That time I met Oscar PR Girl

posted on: Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Most people don't know this, but my first-ever job interview was for Oscar de la Renta. It was late summer 2010, right after I graduated. I was following Erika Bearman on Twitter, and one day, she tweeted she was looking for an assistant and for interested applicants to email a resume and short description of why they'd make the best choice. Thinking I had nothing to lose, I emailed the contact she gave and promptly forgot about it. Days later, someone from her team emailed me asking to interview me in-person, in the ODLR New York City office. I almost dropped dead.

I flew to New York for 48 hours, during which I toured the Met, acted like a tourist fool in Times Square and interviewed with Erika (I curse Instagram for not being as popular then as it is now — I'd totally have snuck a pic). I was woefully unqualified and albeit a tad unprepared, but the experience is one I'll cherish forever. Needless to say, I've been following Erika's rise to popularity and learned more about Oscar de la Renta's designs, which is why I love these recent videos from Vogue's YouTube channel.


I also love Kate Bosworth (Blue Crush, what what) and adore her easy yet glamorous sense of style. I've never been one to gush at weddings or wedding dresses, but the simplicity of her dress and how it allowed for her true beauty to shine through was just too good not to share.

0 comments:

Post a Comment